Monday, August 24, 2009

why is it so hard to find time to write

And read! It started out really slowly. I was on a downbeat despite looking forward to vegetating after an exhausting tour, which I have yet to blog about. And after one week of being back, a week to recover from exhaustion, I find myself having no more time..arrgh

DVD driver working perfect now, which is great. Time to go through all the stuff from Siggraph, and also some.

I told a class today that my project is on semiotics and signs, and the unlocatability of consciousness studied through epistemology...and I said physics and mathematics (Wissenschaft) are my game...yet I have not read anything beyond Karen Barad's "Meeting the Universe Halfway" in the last few days. And I still have to write that damn conference paper (topic excites me but the idea of trying to find enough time to do it isnt...why am I always so overly ambitious with my topics?)

TA slots switch...schedule still a mess...it is almost midnight and what the heck am I doing awake??

Time runs and runs away from me.
Did I say i just read a para of Simondon's L'invention dans les techniques? Kinda in the style of Merleau-Ponty's "Natur"

ok, bedtime before another long day tomorrow (and early morning German 1)....I am both afraid and excited about this semester...and I still have a paper to write for a conference. Should I post the abstract here and get some feedback? But then, I don't know who's going to be doing the feedback on the blog.

p.s. I got a bunch of books on the LHC and the history of string theory development...and guess what I did over the weekend instead of pouring over them. I went camping.

And this week, I will have the unpleasant task of dropping a class which does interest me but does not fulfill my focus for this semester...(why can't we have it all?)

Guten Nacht!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds you're hitting the ground running upon returning from your travels. I, for one, would love to read your abstract. Perhaps I could offer some feedback that would spur your writing of the paper itself. Vielen Glueck with your work this semester -- looking forward to reading your musings on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kinohi,
    I'll let you read the first draft, not just the abstract...hehe :)

    ReplyDelete