Drawing attention to two posts I recently made in a class blog

I have been moved to think more on the meaning and motive of speculative computing as outlined in Johanna Drucker's book Speclab: Digital Aesthetics and Projects in Speculative Computing and how that may jive with my own work in thought experiments, which I have shared at the SLSA conference in Atlanta a few weeks ago. As the semester comes to a close, I have to now spend time thinking even harder on my intellectual interests as I try to make my final projects match up in some way with my larger research interest(s).

So do check out the last two posts which I've made about new media in a class blog; the first one taking on a more political critique of technology and the one's investment in new media in terms of what some call 'technological euphoria' whereas the second addresses one of the underlying goals in this idea of speculative computing. Also the various blog entries by my very interesting classmates will sure make that particular blog an interesting browse for visitors of my little intellectual space here. :)

Also, at some point, I would like to upload Ian Bogost's audio talk on alien phenomenology at the SLSA conference once I have time to edit it further. Speculative realism seems to be a project of futurology?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Containing Toxicity: Nuclear Waste as a Societal Challenge

A Philosophy of Artscience: Something Old, Something Novel

News Catchup, Old and New Projects, Actvities.