Dissertation diary 1

It has been a tough one month, but I am glad things are settling back down. After the first two conferences in late January and February, just as I was beginning to properly write the paragraphs that will form the first chapter of my dissertation, an accident happened that set me back by two weeks. However, I am happy to report that I have since recovered and am proceeding and slowly on my way. Now is the hardest part of this chapter as I am putting together the important theoretical knowledge I will need to buffer any argument I would make. It is easy to feel dumb when you have to work through a lot of unfamiliar (and half-forgotten) mathematical processes to arrive at a systematic way of organizing a physical state or phenomena, but I am happy to note that as I write notes and write short unconnected sentences (even doing some derivations), I am beginning to see how they all come together. Bohr, Einstein, Heisenberg, Schroedinger, Dirac, Pauli, Feynman, Gell-Mann -> the connection running through their work- > correspondence between the classical and quantum theory, QM operators, forms of matrices, groups, fields and integrals.

Let's see where else can this go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Containing Toxicity: Nuclear Waste as a Societal Challenge

A Philosophy of Artscience: Something Old, Something Novel

Updates on some forthcoming changes for this blog