2019 and improving regularity in updates

It's been more than a year since I made a proper post - I haven't really feel like blogging outside of the professional sphere, not even to chart out new interests I'd adopted and developed outside of my professional life. Therefore, from today onward, I will begin to chart, with as many pictures as possible, some of the things I had been up to in the past, and new personal projects. I think this would be a good space to keep track of some of the resolutions I have made for myself this year. It is already August 2019 now, and there are many personal milestones to chart.

Last year, I trained and prepared for a mountain climbing trip up Mt Kinabalu in Sabah, East Malaysia - the mental preparation for that had been more meaningful to me than even the physical preparations. This year, I intend to continue maintaining my fitness level, and had recently returned from a retreat up the mountains. I actually wanted to go caving but failed to do so; so this year, I am going to try to pick up rock-climbing (even if that might only happen at the end of the year, thanks to my schedule) and skating. The other thing I told myself that I would like to start is a small vegetable/herb garden and also to build a 3-D printer. I probably can't do all of these at once, but I'd been charting them out bit by bit over the end of last year and the beginning of this year. The other thing I have started doing is planning the financial aspect of my retirement, and learning as much as I could about the different form of investment vehicles, which also led me to learning more about the world markets/economy than even before. A new creative project is slowly being built out of what had initially been a practical need!

Going forward, this will be the space where I chart both personal creative/intellectual/development journey, as well as my professional evolution. However, projects specific to my present professional will have their own posts at their designated website. Before I end, in case you'd missed this in one of my project blogs, I would like to repost here, the link to a podcast interview I did with Wombat Radio on the topic of artscience. With upcoming publications, as well as present and soon-to-come projects, in this arena, this podcast basically gave the background of the mental rumblings that gave birth to my work in artscience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Containing Toxicity: Nuclear Waste as a Societal Challenge

Updates on some forthcoming changes for this blog

A Philosophy of Artscience: Something Old, Something Novel