Continuing updates on Artscience: A Curious Education

Update 2: Here is another talk I gave to a more arts-centred audience on some theories as well as art practices inspired by my book

 

Update: I'd uploaded a preview chapter of my book on my Academia page as a teaser.

 

I just completed a booktalk last Friday and will be doing another in May June, together with Universiti Sains Malaysia. focusing on a different topic. Will post on the event once confirmation and details are received.

 I found this old blog post about my residency at the Oregon State University Libraries Resident Scholar program and am reposting it here only because some of the work I did there made its way into the book!

 The book should have made its way to a number of main bookstores such as Silverfish books, Kinokuniya, MPH and Popular. You can also find some copies at Litbooks at Tropicana and also at The Space, Penang.

My book is now available as Print-on-Demand in Singapore:

https://www.sgbookshelf.com/product-page/artscience

Here is the link to the online book store of Gerakbudaya, the book's publisher. You can also get it on Shopee(for Malaysia buyers only it seems as far as the publisher is concerned, although Shopee does ship to Singapore). We are now working on international distribution with another publisher, but this may take awhile.

Broadcast of a pre-recorded interview with me. Full link to video here.


 

I am proud to announce the publication of my first book, which ironically is a trade book. The funny part of the story was that I hadn't thought of publishing a tradebook recently (although I had once thought of it) and this pretty much came about as the result of a conjunction of events, that began with my minor participation at the 2020 virtual Georgetown Literary Festival, which led to some discussions that gave birth to the idea of this book. Technically, this book is about a decade in the making because it features work that started as far back as 2008/2009. However, nothing in the book is old as the original writing had been heavily revised and reconfigured in a way I would never have thought to do 10-12 years ago.









 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Containing Toxicity: Nuclear Waste as a Societal Challenge

Updates on some forthcoming changes for this blog

A Philosophy of Artscience: Something Old, Something Novel